02 July 2009

Insecurity reflected as belief

All belief is a cover-up for insecurity.
Deepak Chopra (दीपक चोपड़ा)

ABC had some sort of special about religion, and though I was programming, I heard those words. And of course, I knew that he would be attack visciously for saying it. But why? Too many people who "believe" are too wrapped up in their own insecurities to truly understand the beauty of that simple statement. And worse, too many have never really read whatever text they use and understand it.

If you are secure, there is no belief, there is knowing. One knows something is; one does not believe in something. This is the key to undermining the whole faith debate. Faith itself is illogical. Faith requires belief. Knowing requires neither faith nor belief.

I know me. I do not believe in me, nor do I have faith in me. Either one cheapens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment